So after the quick look at the ovaries, and the sample was given, we got an opportunity to talk to Patti about my meds and to Aaron, who is the embryologist/Andrologists who will be handling our babies. We asked a ton of questions and I really felt better about the whole thing after meeting with him and having the assurance that someone competent is handling such a important matter. After we drove them mad with questions, we spent a little time in the business office signing the loan papers for a mere fifteen grand - such a small price to pay if this works...
Tonight I took the Lupron like before, and I started the Follistim at 150 iu and 2 vials of Repronex. The Follistim gave me an immediate headache that only two extra strength Tylenol helped, and I ran into a bit of a problem with the Repronex. When I went to mix the vials, I realized they hadn't sent me the needles! They sent plenty of tips, but no syringe to put the tips on!!! Luckily I was able to use the syringes that are for the PIO later in the cycle. I also was calculating the amount of meds I'm taking, and YIKES, I only have enough Repronex to last until MONDAY!!! I will have to get on the phone ASAP and try to get more of that sent to me!!!
But nevertheless I took the meds, and now I just have to wait until Monday for my next ultrasound and blood work. If all goes as planned we may be looking at a ER (Egg Retrieval) on 9/15 with a three day transfer to follow.
I just can't believe this is it.