Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Hormones to tears

I am just getting back to the office from my u/s and e2 check this morning and I am just an emotional train wreck. After my appointment we went to chick-fil-a and I wanted something off their lunch menu, and when they told me they were still serving breakfast, that it would be a 20 minute wait, I just started tearing up! I had to walk away from the counter cause I just couldn’t stop it!!! I think the hormones are finally getting the best of me!!!
Anyhow, the 19 follies that I had on Monday must have responded slowly to the drop in Follistim because today I only have one at 17mm one at 16mm one at 15 two at 14 and the rest are still between 9 and 12. They only counted and measured 40 follies, but most were still small ones. On top of that they’ve lowered my dose again to 25iu and will have me back for another u/s and e2 check on Friday morning – so no ER for me on Friday! :( She said most likely I will either trigger Friday night or Saturday night so ER will be either Sunday or Monday with a 3 day transfer. I also found out that the pain I was having is coming from the fact that my left ovary is swollen to about the size of a large plum and is sitting against my spine. That is making both my back and my ovary very sore.
I asked about E2 levels from Monday – they were 848, but I wasn’t feeling any pain then… I wonder what it will come back today? Also I found out about the scant fluid in the cul-de-sac. That’s the area between your uterus and your rectum – basically free space. She said that it is common and that they have to document it so that they can tell if OHSS is happening. Scant fluid can be natural all the time.

One more thing I found interesting today – MY HOROSCOPE…
“Pressure, what pressure?! The tension you're feeling right now in your life will completely disappear if you just give yourself some time here and there today to process what you're going through. There is no reason to panic, no reason to worry. Take a deep breath, and you will slowly feel your positive thinking building back up to effective levels. And once that happens, you'll actually start to feel some enthusiasm for what you are doing right now.”

No comments: