Tuesday, July 1, 2008

THE FIRST SHOT

I'm still not sure what all the hype was about. While I was steady shaking from the nerves, I never felt the needle enter the skin.

Today was CD3 of my first injectable cycle and just now I gave myself the first shot. Things have been rather overwhelming in the last few days leading up to now. I wasn't sure how my DH was going to respond...I wasn't sure how I was going to respond. The usual tense two hour ride to VA beach was actually rather refreshing today with most of the time used to discuss our road ahead. While there were still a few tears shed, most of them I believe were happy tears, for I think we had a breakthrough today. If this injectable cycle doesn't do the trick, then there is hope for us to proceed with an IVF treatment. I am overly excited about just the thought, and like I said before, extremely overwhelmed.

As for the appointment itself, only a few technical things. Endometrium measured 8mm, Right ovary had 15 follicles ranging from 4-10mm and the Left ovary had 8 follicles ranging from 4-8mm. The next appointment is scheduled for Friday, July 4th.

No comments: