Thursday, November 1, 2007

Getting Nervous

I got the confirmation appointment call last night... So Monday morning I go back in for another series of tests. It's the HSG that's got me nervous. Last time I had this done, it hurt sooooo bad! and since the Doctor couldn't get the dye in right the first time, he had to do it again. I'm encouraged by the words of the new doc, who says the reason it hurt so bad was because they forced the blockages in my tubes open. She reassured me that they would not do that, but still advised me to take strong pain killers about a half hour before the procedure. What I'm really nervous about is what the results are going to be. I'm not sure if I want them to be blocked (which would give me an explanation of why I haven't gotten pregnant yet and the option of going straight into IVF) or if I hope they're not blocked (which means lots more testing and other options, but I don't get to jump right into deciding on IVF) I'm also having an ultrasound to check on the cyst in my ovary, and to check for any other problems. I still haven't got the confirmation for the semen analysis appointment... I just hope we can get it all scheduled together.

And oh, they also said my first round of blood work was back and as soon as Dr. Robin looked over the results, they would be calling me to let me know what it all means. By the way, this first round of tests was checking my ovarian reserve. It never even occurred to me that I might not even have any eggs to make babies :(

No comments: