Wednesday, August 27, 2008


Well yesterday I had an appointment for some pre-IVF stuff and it just seemed like everything that could go wrong did. To start with I had fasting labs , so nothing to eat or drink, which wasn't bad, except they didn't get around to doing my labs until about 10:30 and I had a chick-fil-a biscuit in my bag just begging me to eat it!!! That was just a tease!

8am I had my annual pap - by 11 I already had bad news from that. Some kind of extreme overgrowth of bacteria that should be there, just not in those numbers, so I've got these yucky vaginal suppositories to get that under control.

9am I had my sono HSG - It didn't hurt like I expected it too, but I did cramp up a little. They took a bunch of cultures and other stuff then slipped the catheter in (which is what hurt so bad on the first two HSGs) Everything was going so smooth and then BAM! I HAVE POLYPS! At least two large ones and possibly several more... so I'm going to have to have surgery before anything else. Possibly even this week...

If that wasn't enough already, my endo biopsy was immediately following and that HURT LIKE HELL!!! I am not going to lie about that one bit. a little pinch my a$$! First of all my cervix takes a turn to the right then another turn downwards before reaching my uterus. The Dr. just couldn't get the large stiff catheter to make those turns so after several minutes they had to give me a shot of Lidocaine in my cervix and then dilate it. Okay. by this point I'm already in tears because of the pain and stress and bad news I just got about surgery....yadda yadda yadda... and THEN she started to take the sample. I have NEVER in my life had pain that intense. I literally thought I was going to throw up it hurt so bad! I bawled like a baby. Luckily the pain was very short lived and after it was all over and I gathered my composure I was back in the waiting room in less than ten minutes.

Waiting room for what? Why the EKG of course. No pain here, but guess what? The machine didn't want to work, and when it did? She wanted to run a couple more tests because they looked 'out of the ordinary'. Okay I've been poked and prodded, stressed out, dilated, told I would be having surgery - maybe this week- and you wonder why my EKG is abnormal?!? all I can do is shake my head.

Anyhow after all of that torture I had my labs done and ate my biscuit. Then we went to Med teaching for an hour, to the pharmacy for half a hour got a bite to eat and got home around 3:30. Oh yeah, we left the house about 6:30 this morning, so yes I am very exhausted, and it's been a rather unnerving day for me from the time I got out of bed, but now, I'm going to put it all in the Lords hands and I know he will deliver me through all of this. I DO have faith in that. A lot of pain?


I just got off the phone and I am scheduled for surgery tomorrow at 1pm. I have to be there between 8 and 9 to do pre-ops and paperwork. The surgery itself should only be about 45 minutes and then recovery time. Please pray for me that I will be fine through this and there will be no other major stumbling blocks for me.


Niki said...

I read your post on SC (IVF thread)and again want to extend my sympathies for all you went through with the tests and issues discovered. I am wishing you well tomorrow for your surgery!

Niki (biogal on SC)

SMK said...

I cannot believe what you went through with the tests. I am so glad its all over with. I will be thinking of you tomorrow for your surgery, wishing you all the best!

Sending you hugs and kisses!!