Monday, December 3, 2007

Metformin Blues

Well, last weeks visit to Virginia Beach puts a new spin on a lot of different things. First of all, after doubting the ultrasound results and arguing with the nurse on whether or not I had ovulated this cycle, all the bloodwork showed -No- I did not ovulate this cycle, which means that the cyst was left over from the previous cycle, and I am not pregnant. They called the very next day and said they wanted to redo the ultrasound. I never called them back. I tried to tell them while I was there, that I hadn't ovulated but they didn't listen to me, and there is no way I can keep taking off all this time on such short notice. Either way, they went ahead and prescribed to me the metformin, which is definetly not my friend! The first day or so wasn't so bad, but now I'm feeling worse and worse. Besides the stomach cramps, the really bad headaches, all the time spent in the bathroom, and the feeling that eating is just wrong...the really bad thing is it makes me feel pretty depressed. Yesterday was a really bad day, and today isn't much better. I feel like I could cry at the drop of a hat. I hope that it's the medicine working to fix my hormones, but I can't help but wonder is it worth all this trouble, or is this more wasted time and money?

No comments: